Discover the Gran Sasso d’Abruzzo, with its ancient culture and traditions. Discover the huge biodiversity of Gran Sasso National Park’s flora and fauna. Itinerary and duration can be modified according to your needs.
The journey includes: Trekking and Hiking
• Arrival or transfer to Castelvecchio Calvisio, accommodation in the medieval village;
• Guided tour of the village and its wine cellar;
• Dinner based on local dishes, meeting with the tour guide and explanation of the tour schedule.
• Trekking to Castel del Monte, one of the most beautiful medieval villages in Italy;
• Visit of local cheese factories producing “pecorino” cheese;
• Visit to the Ethnographic Museum to discover sheperds’ folklore, customs and traditions. Optional cheese workshop.
• Trekking from Castelvecchio Calvisio to Santo Stefano di Sessanio passing through lentils and blue sweet peas camps;
• Visit to one of the most atractive Italian mountain villages. Optional lentils and cicerchia workshop.
• No scheduled bike tours. Guests can choose among: relax; visit to Campo Imperatore or Fonte Vetica, visit to Valle Reale wine cellar; visit to Sulmona.
• Trekking to the amazing fortress of Calascio, movie setting for Ladyhawke and many other famous movies.
• Trekking from Castelvecchio Calvisio to Peltuinum passing through an ancient cattle track with its Roman and medieval buildings and villages. Dinner with a shepherd.
• Trekking from Castelvecchio Calvisio to Navelli and visit of saffron producing sites;
• You will visit Gina’s green house, to discover all the secrets about the “red gold”, namely saffron;
• Guided tour to Navelli and Civitaretenga. Optional saffron workshop.
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
• Guided tours and entrances
• Baggage transfers
• Informative brochures
• Extra activities on request
• Extra transfers (for example, on the Free Day)
• Transfer from/to the airport/station