Trekking along ancient merchant’s routes in Abruzzo mountain landscape, discovering everything about merchants’ histoy and trade. Itinerary and duration can be modified according to your needs.
The journey includes: Trekking and Hiking
• Arrival or transfer to Villa Sant’Angelo, accommodation in the medieval village;
• Guided tour to the marvelous caves of Stiffe and its underground treasure;
• Dinner based on local dishes, meeting with the tour guide and explanation of the tour schedule.
• Trekking to the “Pagliare”, old rural mountain villages;
• Packed lunch;
• Trekking to Fontecchio, tour of the village and accommodation.
• Trekking from Fontecchio to Goriano Valli passing along Atern river, where local villagers used to go fishing to substain;
• Visit to “Vigna di More” local firm and tasting; optional wine tasting course;
• Accommodation in Goriano Valli.
• Trekking from Goriano Valli to San Lorenzo di Beffi visiting the marvellous church of Sant’Erasmo and passing through truffles routes;
• Accommodation in San Lorenzo di Beffi. Optional truffle cooking lesson.
• No scheduled excursions. Guests can choose: relax, lake of Sinizzo, visit to “Valle Reale” wine cellar, visit to Sulmona;
• Accommodation in Fontecchio.
• Trekking from Fontecchio to Caporciano and accommodation in country house;
• Visit to wonderful San Pellegrino’s frescos, church of Santa Maria dell'Assunta and castle of Bominaco.
• Trekking to and accommodation in Fagnano Alto along an ancient cattle track;
• Visit to Peltuinum archaeological site and to the medieval castle of Prata.
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
• Guided tours and entrances
• Baggage transfers
• Informative brochures
• Extra activities on request
• Extra transfers (for example, on the Free Day)
• Transfer from/to the airport/station