Here is a trip discovering Abruzzo local dishes, to understand the connection between nature resources and local cuisine. On this jounrey, you will meet housewives, farmers and breeders who will make you discover traditional tastes and learn how to cook local dishes. Our guides will lead you to the the sites where excellent products are cultivated. You will eat the dishes you will prepare. After dinner, you will overnight in holiday farms or ancient buildings in local villages. An expert and professional guide will help you arranging each detail of every itinerary.
The journey includes: Food and Wine Tours
• Arrival toFontecchio and accommodation;
• Guided tour of the village.;
• Welcome Wine-tasting;
• Dinner based on local dishes and explanation of the tour plan.
• Visit of a local farm and purchase of the ancient wheat called “solina”;
• Flour milling in an old mill;
• In the afternoon, cooking lesson about pasta and pulses;
• Dinner based on dishes cooked during the lesson;
• After dinner, lesson about Mediterranean food history.
• Visit to the village of Gagliano Aterno and tasting of local cakes made by Santa Chiara’s nuns;
• Visit to the convent;
• Transfer to an old local bakery and cooking lesson about bread, pizza and cakes;
• Dinner based on dishes cooked during the lesson and local wine.
• Grape harvest and wine making in a local wine cellar;
• Transfer to San Benedetto in Perillis, visit to the Rural Life musuem and to an ancient olive mill;
• Visit and wine tasting in a local wine cellar. Dinner and overnight.
• Transfer to Castel del Monte and visit to its cheese factory;
• Lunch in Campo Imperatore at “Rifugio San Francesco” based on local cheese;
• Arrival to Fontecchio and cooking lesson about potatoes.
• Transfer to Civitaretenga and visit to saffron’s producing sites;
• Stories about local farmers; visit to the Jewish ghetto and to a local church;
• Lunch based on saffron and cooking lesson about saffron and vegetables.
• Visit to the old market of Sulmona and lunch;
• Dinner and overnight.
• Breakfasts, lunches and dinners
• Guided tours and entrances
• Baggage transfers
• Informative brochures
• Cooking lesson
• Extra activities on request
• Extra transfers (for example, on the Free Day)
• Transfer from/to the airport/station